We are looking for a Senior .NET / C# Software Engineer (d/f/m) to join doctorly on our mission to enable people to live healthier lives.
Amidst and as a result of the global pandemic, the world is coming to see just how outdated our health IT infrastructure really is. Have a closer look at the software your doctor currently uses and you’ll understand why this is a burning topic in need of innovation.
doctorly - backed by the best early stage investors in Europe - takes a holistic view of the market and our products, with a firm focus on enabling genuinely meaningful disruption at the very heart of how healthcare works.
We are building (in priority order):
- A brand-new system for managing medical clinics (digitalise and optimise workflows, helping doctors & their staff).
- An integrated health app for patients (connect/help the patients).
- An open partner platform (include/help the wider healthcare industry).
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced Software Engineer to take a prominent role within our product development team and help us meaningfully change how healthcare works.
You'll contribute directly to the development of a sophisticated cross platform application that blends native and web technologies. Your focus and responsibilities will lie mostly in the services layer. This includes building APIs in a middleware layer that our frontend consumes, storage and management of complex and sensitive structured data, and ingestion and normalisation of a large amount of heterogenous reference data
As an integral member of one of our cross functional teams, you'll be familiar with agile ways of working (esp. scrum) and DevOps. You're an experienced engineer and understand the fundamentals of clean code, design principles and common tools around development, testing, and CI/CD including Git, Docker, etc.
We're an international team, so fluent English is a must, German would be a bonus but is not essential to the role.
- Build excellent highly usable, secure, performant, resilient, well tested and technically awesome backends
- Have a desire and ability to do technical evaluations and spikes
- Work closely with our product owners, other developers, DevOps, QA in our cross functional teams
- Strive to understand the requirements, the domain and the big picture and help to refine specifications as part of the team
- Plan, estimate and review stories and code with the team - being a team player is part of who we are and who we want to work with
- Teach and mentor your teammates in the art of the backend
- Deep expert level experience with fundamental backend technologies - C#, .NET framework (Core), ASP.NET and the BCL as well as the related tooling
- Significant experience with Entity Framework (EF and especially EF-Core) and familiarity with databases
- Working knowledge of the components .NET: the runtime, compiler, packaging and targeting (assemblies, .NET Standard, etc.), as well as build tooling, package management etc.
- We'll expect someone with your level of experience to be deeply familiar with design patterns and architectural concepts like API first and Domain Driven Design (DDD), CQRS and REST
- Experience with automated testing (IO, regression, unit, integration, load, etc) and passionate about Test or Behaviour Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- German working permit or valid job seeking visa
- If you've worked in regulated industry esp. healthcare this will be a plus
- Do you have relevant work experience or a degree or diploma or certification in a related field - let us know
- Knowledge of FHIR & HL7 is advantageous
- Deeper understanding of databases (esp. PostgreSQL and Redis)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling (prefered Azure DevOps)
- An understanding of frontend fundamentals (CSS/HTML/TypeScript) and how these relate to the backend
- Some WebApp development experience with React/VueJS/AngularJS or another equivalent stateful technology would be a bonus
- Ideally be available in our Berlin office for 2+ days per week