We are looking for a Chief of Engineering to join doctorly on our mission to enable people to live healthier lives.
Now, amidst a global pandemic, the world is coming to understand just how out-of-date our highly regulated health IT infrastructure is.
Backed by the best early stage investors in Europe, at doctorly we take a holistic view on how we build products, always with a firm focus on enabling genuinely meaningful disruption at the very heart of how healthcare works.
We are building (in priority order):
- A brand new system for managing medical clinics (digitise/help the doctors & their staff).
- An integrated health app (connect/help the patients).
- An open partner platform (include/help the wider healthcare industry).
(Have a closer look at the software your doctor uses and you’ll understand why this is such a burning topic in need of innovation).
This is a great opportunity for a proven technology leader to take the leading role within our technology department and help us meaningfully change how healthcare works.
- You will report directly to the CEO & be responsible for leading & representing technology across the company & at board level.
- In simple terms, you will be responsible for ensuring everyone within our tech organisation can be successful, and for removing blockers where necessary.
- You will work closely with our Product department to execute and maintain a cohesive ‘Product Development’ strategy.
- You will lead the tech department through excellent management & mentorship.
- You will directly manage our tech leads.
- You will coordinate different functions within engineering: development, devops, infrastructure, program management.
- You will ensure that our architectural choices align with business requirements, while also satisfying our legal/regulatory/security/performance requirements.
- You will be responsible for tech hiring, and ensuring that we have the processes in place to continue building an excellent technical organisation.
- You will be responsible for setting goals for the technology teams, in line with the wider business goals.
- You will be responsible for ensuring our tech teams maintain a consistently high level of output - delivering stable, high quality code.
- You will develop and implement standards & procedures to ensure our quality standards..
- You have an excellent and proven track record in organisational & leadership skills within venture-backed growth companies (beyond seed stage).
- You have a passion for communication, collaboration & working with key stakeholders across the company, but especially between technology & product.
- You are knowledgeable about tech industry trends and best practices.
- You are comfortable in a developing startup environment and excel at change management.
- You are a strategic thinker, who can foresee the needs of a tech department and able to make technical decisions within a business-strategic context.
- You are a solution-orientated problem solver.
- You have a good understanding of budgets & business-planning.
- Native/Bilingual fluency in English
- You have led engineering/technology at early-stage & mid-stage tech startups.
- You are experienced implementing and working within an Agile environment.
- You have built products within regulated industries (e.g. Health, Fintech, Insurtech)
- You have experience working with & understanding of distributed systems/cloud architectures
- You have significant experience in various engineering leadership roles (e.g. Tech lead, VP engineering, Director of engineering, CTO).
Nice to have
- Experience leading engineering/technology within the health-tech industry.
- Experience leading an ISO-27001 or similar certification process.
- Experience leading internationalisation projects.
- Experience with the .NET platform.
- Native/Bilingual fluency in German.