We are looking for a Senior Product Owner to join doctorly on our mission to enable people to live healthier lives.
Amidst and as a result of the global pandemic, the world is coming to see just how outdated our health IT infrastructure really is. Have a closer look at the software your doctor currently uses and you’ll understand why this is a burning topic in need of innovation.
doctorly - backed by the best early stage investors in Europe - takes a holistic view of the market and our products, with a firm focus on enabling genuinely meaningful disruption at the very heart of how healthcare works.
We are building (in priority order):
- A brand-new system for managing medical practices (digitalise and optimise workflows, helping doctors & their staff).
- An integrated health app for patients (connect/help the patients).
- An open partner platform (include/help the wider healthcare industry).
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced Senior PO to take a prominent role within our product development team and help us meaningfully change how healthcare works.
You will define the requirements for and with one of our cross functional teams building our core product. You create high level requirements based on user and business needs, then break these down to epics, features and user stories during refinement sessions, manage planning and prioritisation of the backlog and report to the CPO.
As an integral member of one of our cross functional teams, you'll be familiar with agile ways of working esp. Scrum, DevOps and software development and how this affects the Product Owner role and the work in the teams.
We're an international team, so fluent English is a must but German at C1 level is also essential to this role, as we need you to be able to read and understand regulations from German healthcare, and communicate with German healthcare professionals on an ongoing basis.
You are the kind of person who lifts everyone around them with their know-how and solution-oriented attitude. Ultimately someone who thrives within a startup atmosphere.
- Drive a cross-functional team from the product and business perspective and be the liaison between business and tech people in the company
- Analyse a multitude of sources including:
- User needs by directly interacting with doctors and trained healthcare professionals
- Regulations and documentation from health authorities
- Existing software in the healthcare space
- Different internal and external stakeholders
- Gather and document high level requirements based on these analyses and make this input available to roadmapping processes and be an active part of these
- Break down high level requirements into epics, features and user stories with the team and prioritise and maintain the product backlog
- Participate in and drive agile ceremonies
- Support software engineers, architects, UX and visual designers, QA engineers and the rest of the team by clarifying requirements
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure transparency on progress, including reporting on status
- An overall attitude towards excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, regulatory authorities and developers throughout the business in both a technical and business context.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise development requirements based on time constraints, complexity and stakeholder needs.
- Excellent knowledge and experience working within agile methodologies
- Attention to detail, ability to fully understand the nuances in complex requirements from heavily regulated markets and explain them clearly
- Native level German and excellent English language skills are a must for this role
- Passion for the healthcare industry
- Experience working in German healthcare
- Experience working with software development teams